BioVeL is funded by the European Commission 7th Framework Programme (FP7), through the grant agreement number 283359.
It is funded for 36 months starting from September 2011. It is one of the FP7 e-Infrastructures projects. Under FP7, the e-Infrastructures activity is part of the Research Infrastructures programme, funded under the FP7 'Capacities' Specific Programme. It focuses on the further development and evolution of the high-capacity and high-performance communication network (GÉANT), distributed computing infrastructures (grids and clouds), supercomputer infrastructures, simulation software, scientific data infrastructures, e-Science services as well as on the adoption of e-Infrastructures by user communities.
The total partners’ costs for the BioVeL project are estimated at € 6,104,865 with an EC grant contribution of € 5,000,000. This represents 81.9% of the project cost, with the partners bearing the remaining 18.1% of costs.
- MS11, "Ecosystem Functioning & Valuation Web Services and Workflows," Budapest, Hungary, June 6-7, 2013
- European Biodiversity Informatics Conference, Italy, September 3-6, 2013
- BioVeL Third Annual Meeting and General Assembly, Budapest, Hungary, September 30-October 4, 2013
- INTECOL 2013
London, UK, August
18-23, Booth E3